Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I {HEART} ETSY
I have my shared my love for Do It Yourself magazine before, and I was so excited to see that in the new issue, they have a ~Best of Show~ section featuring a ton of Etsy sellers. Yay! I just told someone the other day that I love Etsy. I love that it is an all handmade community that supports artists, crafters, designers and small business owners. I love that people can come together to offer there creations, support other crafters and often insipre eachother. You are purchasing unique items that are not mass-produced. Even if the same product may be made a thousand times each will be unique in some tiny way. It is all your own. Being a seller is rewarding in that every time you make a sale, there is an element of surprise that someone actually paid for something you made!
Kelly Maron from Paper Stories said it perfectly:
"We are happiest when we make something that makes someone else happy."

Here are a few of the sellers that were featured int he showcase (congrats!):

{Felted Style}


{May Luk}


{Happy KO}


{Chikabird Inc}


{Lucky Bee Press}

Way to go guys! Remember...buy handmade!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pretty cool!

Queen Bee Laurie said...

Thanks for including me in your blog! : )