Friday, November 27, 2009

CHILDRESS VINEYARD & WINERY




Today I am going to lunch and a wine tasting at Childress Vineyard & Winery in Lexington, North Carolina. I have visited once before and I loved it...but I didn't get good pictures last time...but I definitely will today! Childress is a 35,000-square-foot facility. Besides the yummy wines and scrumptious restaurant, the building is just gorgeous! Designed by Winston-Salem, NC architect Kyle Troxell, the stone and stucco building, with its ornate terra cotta roof is inspired by the Italian Renaissance architecture of rural Tuscany. The winery's  interiors are the creation of Wolf Design Group in Atlanta, GA. It makes it easy to pretend I am in Italy for the day! I will share pictures as soon as I get home {Atlanta}!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

visiting vineyards is fun, have a great time.