Saturday, April 10, 2010

New Seashell Components...


I am so excited about these new seashell components! When I ordered them, I really just got them because I thought they were pretty, but had no idea what I was going to do with them. I was looking at them yesterday and wondered if I would be able to drill through them. My first attempt didn't go so well..the shell broke apart...I think my drill bit was too big...


So I switched the bit out for a slightly smaller one...


And it worked! Whew!


So I drilled a few with just one hole in them and then drilled others with two holes on each end. The pieces with two holes drilled in them I used in this necklace....

I love super long necklaces right now. This one hits below the chest and looks so great on.  I used the shells all along the chain...I LOVE the way it looks!! The pendant is a vintage engraved brass tag with the word *Hope* on it and a Mother of Pearl angel wing.


There were two shells that were pretty similar in size and shape...perfect for earrings! I kept them simple, I think the shells are so pretty on their own!


I can't wait to make some more things with them! What do ya think? Do you love them? Not so much?

2 comments:

Abigail's Creative Journey said...

The are neat! I am glad you were able to find a drill bit that can drill into them without breaking. I don't have a hand drill I actually have a press so I have to be careful with what I drill into. LOL! I like them. They are dainty but interesting. I can't wait to see more. :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful! i love simple and dainty designs