Saturday, February 13, 2010

Devilish Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins

YUM.


Ok, I know they aren't the prettiest muffins {hence the attempts at throwing a little confectioners sugar at them to make them a little prettier}...but you will completely forget about that when I tell you that
1 Muffin is only 180 calories and 2.5 grams of fat!!!
They are DELICIOUS and could not be easier to make.
*just a note...the dominate flavor in these is CHOCOLATE...with just a hint of pumpkin.

My friend Tracy told me about these muffins awhile back and after two cups of coffee this morning, I was motivated enough to try them! It did help that it was only two ingredients mixed in a bowl. I mean...seriously?
They are best when paired with coffee...and nibbling at them when you are sitting in front of the computer catching up on your favorite blogs! :)

Ingredients

• 1 box devils food cake mix

• 1 can (15 oz) solid pack pumpkin
(not pie filling!)
Directions

Mix together. Do not add anything else that is mentioned on the box. It only takes these 2 ingredients. That's all. Mixture will be very thick (and you will be tempted to add something, but don't.) Place in muffin tins, sprayed with non stick spray. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes. This makes 12 muffins.

*I added pecans to mine this morning...and next time I might throw in a few chocolate chips!

If you try them, let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Get out! Only 180 calories and 2.5 grams of fat? I don't think I believe you, but the muffins do look delicious!

Metallo Bianco Jewelry said...

Believe me...they are good! And I even liked them a little more when they were cool...weird, I know.