Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What I am reading now...

The E Myth
{Revisited}
Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What To Do About It
~Michael E. Gerber


My friend Alicia recommended that I read this book. Alicia's drive, motivation and business accumen has always amazed me. I first met Alicia in 2008 when she opened Pekuliar Treasure Boutique. I was lucky enough to sell my jewelry there in a co-op environment. While the boutique is no longer open, her and her husband own a successful catering company here in Atlanta...Loveable Foods.  Watching her build a business from the start and witness the challenges of being a small business own has offered a lot of insight into just how tough it is and I absorbed as much knowledge from her as I could. We were recently in contact and I immediately commented her on her new company's website..it was awesome. Everything on the site flowed well and was immediately engaging...and everything just came together. She has a great ability to create a brand...not just a product...but everything...a desired quality product, creative marketing, advertising strategies...she is a 'big picture' thinker. To do this successfully is hard! She raved about this book and suggested I read it right away! I will let you know how it is when I am done reading it!
If you have any other books like this that you really liked, please share!

2 comments:

Jen said...

It's a really good book - it helped me tremendously with my photography business. I'm sure it will be very valuable to you.

Unknown said...

Thanks for this info! I also love the book "Success Principles" by Jack Canfield. It's how I got the start I needed to paint.

I appreciate all of your wonderful comments on my blog. Very sweet that you check in on me so often.