Sunday, September 26, 2010

A rainy Sunday


No hike down to the river today, it has been a rainy day and I have spent
the day here...at my bench. I love rainy days...such a great excuse to spend the entire day working on jewelry without feeling guilty!





I did get a lot done today so far (including breaking at least 3 saw blades), but nothing is done yet...I still need to sand a few things, throw everything in the tumbler, set stones and add a few final touches.


and this is me... :)

Penny kept popping up...letting me know it was time to take a break!


Meanwhile downstairs, Tracy {my roomie} was roasting some veggies and trying out an Ina Garten recipe....Butternut Squash Soup.


It turned out so good. The combination of roasted squash, apples, onions and curry sounded a little off, but it really was a wonderful blend of flavors...perfect for Fall.


Time to get back to work....hope you all had a great weekend!

6 comments:

kelleysbeads said...

lurve the pic of you in the mirror! can't wait to see the pics of the finished pieces :)

I'm askin tracey to send me the recipe...that soup sounds awesome!

Lorelei said...

awesome work bench Cas! I love it! Great pictures. Love those hammered bangles you make. Might need some gold ones to match my new necklace... let me know if you'd be up for it. :)

Michelle said...

I'm envious of your rainy day! Sounds lovely. I really need to get myself a workbench...better than working at the counter. :-)

I made some yummy butternut squash soup and tried apples in it for the 1st time...heavenly!
Michelle

Sandi/sassyglassdesigns said...

Great work bench...love the mirror picture and the soup looks wonderful.

littlecherryhill said...

Oh I'm so JEAlous of your bench!! Soup looks great too :)

Abigail's Creative Journey said...

I love your work area. :) Mine is in the garage since we can't put our big SUV's in there anyway. LOL! But I did redo my art/office room and painted it with a bright pear green color. :) It actually looks awesome and will work well during the dreary winter days mostly when my husband will be gone to Afghanistan. :(